Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 267 of 365


Day 267 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I was in a hurry to get my shot done tonight and thought I'd try a similar shot of one of my Twitter friends. Joey (link is to one of his shots that inspired me tonight) is a fantastic photographer and one may call him a bokeh master. This is my half ass attempt at replicating him.

What I need to do next time have a good backdrop. There was a black draped table in the background that has some light spillage from the Christmas lights and can be seen. It was kind of tight quarters so worked with the space I had. The only light on the cup was from the lights in the background and a reflector I used to shine some light onto the front of the cup to define it a little.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This captures what coffee is all about for me - magic sparkles to perk me up! :) The wires from the lights give the light sparkles some structure and the feeling of actual steam. Might need this one on the wall in the kitchen...

Suselek said...

Great idea. It took me a minute to figure out, where the lights are coming from!