Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 253 of 365


Day 253 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Ever wonder what garbanzo beans look like before shelled. We never really thought about it even though we buy dried beans all the time for making homemade hummus. We happen to get some unshelled beans in our CSA (community supported agriculture) box this week. They taste like green peas and are good right out of the shell.

I also got my first professionally printed photograph in the mail today. I decided to try Mpix as they are the primary printer for Zenfolio, which will my store front as soon as I get all my photos I want to try and sell uploaded. Below is a photo of what I had printed. It is a 9x12 metallic mounted on a single weight mat board. I wanted to see how it looked on metallic paper as the photo is mostly black and white but with a hint of color from the toned down colorful pin heads. I know Mpix has a great reputation but I was still impressed with how easy it was to setup an account and go through the ordering process. The packaging was very nicely done as well. The photo was in an paper sleeve with a piece of tissue paper between the photo front and thin card stock. This was shrink wrapped onto another piece of cardboard so there was little chance of bending or other damage unless the package was completely mistreated. Here is the photo I had printed and below is a photo of the photo.

Click on photo for a better look.

1 comment:

PG said...

i love MPIX and I will eventually get a zenfolio account set up as well. good stuff.