Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 256 of 365


Day 256 of 365.jpg, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I bought a copy of a magazine that caught my attention the other day. It was a special edition of the magazine, Color. The entire edition was nothing but photos that people had submitted for a portfolio contest. I really liked it for the diversity of different styles.

One particular photographer, Bob Francis, really caught my eye because he was doing stuff that I had attempted early on but went away from. Time to play with the style again. So...tonight I give you sweet potatoes against black background with lighting for texture and shadow.

3 comments:

Issha Marie said...

I love Color magazine. I have yet to get their portfolio edition, but I have been buying the magazine from the very moment they published it.

Great photo! Love the moody lighting, and the composition.

Jen said...

I'm likin' your food shots, sweetie!

Unknown said...

Very cool. The lighting makes them seem more three dimensional. I would perhaps have liked just a bit more light, so I could see them better. I think you could add some more light and still get the dramatic effect you have here.