Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 323 of 365


Day 323 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

So I ran across my first problem with using my new flash. See that white reflection? That is my flash umbrella and I can see parts of the tripod legs as well. My task now is to try and figure out how to use this setup with reflective surfaces without it becoming part of the image. I'm sure there is an easy fix but I couldn't come up with one this evening.

One thing I did discover that will be useful is my new flash has a very fast recycle time. Like fast enough to keep up with my shutter release on burst. I did not expect that as my only experience with flashes in my attempts at film photography has been a good 2 or 3 seconds recycle time. I see some water drop and other movement type shots here in the very near future.

2 comments:

Matt Sanderson said...

One good way of shooting glass is consider the glass to be your lens. Sounds confusing, but you can't 'light' glass itself, just the reflection. Try shooting from above or below it instead.

Hope that helps!

-M att

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

That makes sense...thanks Matt, I really appreciate the help :)