Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 321 of 365


Day 321 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Today I received my strobist kit so I practiced small to get comfortable with shooting off camera. I got the Strobist Starving Student (not really) SC1 Lighting Kit from Midwest Photo Exchange (http://www.mpex.com/browse.cfm/4,12314.html).

It comes with a Cactus Radio Slave set for shooting wireless and lots of other accessories. It was cheap and I figured it would work for getting my feet wet with flash photography. First off I discovered the Cactus Radio Slave kit is cheap for a reason as it doesn't fire 100% of the time...more like 50-60% of the time. At least out in my garage this was true. I've posted my setup shot as well. I put a small piece of cardboard with reflective tape on the opposite side of the little mannequin for some light bounce.

My camera settings were 50mm, ISO 100, 1/60 sec, f/5.6 with the flash at 1/8 power through umbrella.


Post a Comment