Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 306 of 365


Day 306 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

On my short drive home from work tonight I noticed the full moon was just high enough over the hills to the east of us to make for a cool shot. So I grabbed my tripod and camera and walked out to an open spot near the main road but by the time I got there the moment was gone. Yes...I didn't have my camera with me again but I wouldn't have had my tripod and cable release so it wouldn't have mattered. Since I missed the shot I was going for I finally got around to taking a shot I've been meaning to take for a while...it just happens that a very nice and orange sunset was in the background. I want to do this same shot when it's really foggy so all you can see is the fog and street lights...now if it will only get foggy again.

2 comments:

Joey said...

It all works out. You finally got to take the shot you were thinking about. Next time you'll be ready for the moon shot.

Jen said...

I can actually smell California when I look at this picture - memories of visiting CA as a child. Aromatherapy in action, eh?