Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Journey into Black & White


artichokes b&w, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've been wanting to play with black and white for a while so you'll probably be seeing more as I explore different techniques to get the look I want. I'm hoping that finding something to focus on to learn will get me motivated again. I've only picked up my camera a handful of times since finishing my 365.

I converted this shot to black and white in Adobe Camera Raw using a develop setting called class split tone (black and white). In Photoshop I did a little work with levels and masking and to pull a little extra texture out I made a copy of the background layer and used a bas relief filter and lowering the opacity and adding a layer adjustment to that layer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so your style . . . dark, but beautiful. Don't worry about not taking lots of photos, you'll find your rhythm.