Sunday, January 24, 2010

Elkhorn Slough


elkhorn slough, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

We have a rather large nature preserve not far from where we live and today was the first time I've taken the time to visit it.

Elkhorn Slough

I had to laugh earlier while looking through my shots I took today. I've said a few times in the past year that I'm not a landscape or wildlife photographer yet I find myself continuing to shot both. I think subconsciously I'm not allowing myself to give up on styles I've told myself I don't have an eye for. I think at least for landscape my saving grace is light. I've become very much attracted to light and how it interacts with the landscape. So to steal what has been said many times by other photographers I guess for me to get better at landscape photography I just need to focus on capturing the light. Still working on wildlife...sitting in one place in hopes of a bird or other animal crossing my path is a little more work than I'm ready for.

4 comments:

Matt Sanderson said...

gorgeous shot! Really like it.

- Matt

bberburb said...

that is great photo.


Barry

Anonymous said...

Love the shot, the serenity of the water is surreal!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thank you :)

It's a place I expect to spend more time exploring. Sad to think I only live 20 minutes away and this was the first time in over 8 years of living here that I visited it.