Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 363 of 365


Day 363 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've been thinking about what I can do with my off camera flash setup and as I tend to do I started playing around. I could go the easy route and read books on flash or dig through the Strobist website or watch all the video tutorials that Kelby Training has available but that's not how I learn. I like to go as far as I can go by playing and then when I can't figure things out I then start using all the resources I have available to me. Maybe not the best way to learn but it seems to work for me.

So...for this I put my flash and umbrella behind a louvre door because I was curious how it would look if I shot from the dark hallway looking at the door. I put my wife's dressmakers mannequin in front of the door and did a little unfocus and tilt for a little mystery.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Looks like sunlight coming in. I like the photo.

Maybe for one of your last 2 photos an off camera portrait?

Mamí♥Picture said...

Pretty cool!