Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 355 of 365


Day 355 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

This is a closeup of the grooves in the walkway seen in the shot below. I liked how the shine of the light on the wet grooves. Because it was dark out I shot at 50mm f/1.8, 1/40 sec and ISO 200.



I left work today a bit late tonight and because it was the shortest day of the year it was pitch black outside and I liked how these lights shined on the wet walkway outside my building. I cropped this shot down to remove a bunch of empty space on the right side.

I would also like to recommend a new site and podcast. The Digital Photo Experience is a collaboration between co-founders Rick Sammon and Juan Pons. They only have two podcasts under their belt but they are off to a good start. It looks like they've lined up an impressive group of supporting contributors, check out the About page to see the variety of people who have already started contributing articles, tutorials and tips.

I've been asked a few times what my plans are when my 365 Project is done in 10 days. I seriously don't think I have the energy to do a daily again. What I would like to do instead is a 52 week project instead. I'll take photos throughout the week and post what I consider to be my best photo of the week. I also want to look at setting up a Zenfolio account and see about setting up a marketplace. Are my photos good enough to sell? I'll never know if I don't try...right?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great shots! I love the lighting. Almost looks like brass.