Monday, March 1, 2010

Los Laureles Grade (Carmel Valley)

Los Laureles Grade in b&w, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Saturday was a stormy day but only in certain areas so while out I went in search of areas with big fluffy storm clouds yet not raining. My hope was to really work on seeing in black and white since my new style interest has been black and white. Something about the "feel" of a good black and white photo gives me a warm fuzzy.

So here is a landscape I shot with black and white in mind. I'm also playing around with a few different conversion techniques in Photoshop in lieu of buying additional software like Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro.

I also cropped this to be more of a pan. The immediate foreground was nothing special and took some plain clouds out at the top. My plan is to create a large white border with extra at the bottom and title it and have it printed out as a 11x14 to see how it looks.

2 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Wonderous composition and clarity here Rob. I am even swayed towards the monochrome, as the reality would have been close to that. Makes me feel as if I was there.

Jen said...

I like this composition a lot, sweetie.