Saturday, August 7, 2010

Old Tire


old tire, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Seems like it's been ages since my last blog entry. Just got back from a 2.5 weeks of vacation and just now going through the photos I took. Didn't take as many as I anticipated I'd take but found a few that I like from those I did take.

My first thought when I saw this old tractor tire leaning up against an abandoned building was it would look good in black and white. It does but my wife asked what it would look like in sepia. I liked the sepia version just a bit more so am posting it.

Just a note on the commenting. Thanks everyone who has stopped by and left comments. I really do appreciate hearing from you all. You will notice that I set it to have me approve all comments. I did this because I've unfortunately gained a Chinese spambot and instead of making you all do the word verification, which I find a bit irritating, I'll filter out the spam by hand. Not like I get a ton of comments to filter through so it's not a problem :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

This rocks.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

As your official Aussie Spambot, I have to admit that pleasing the Wife is always a POLITIC move which will pay dividends in the long run, but hey there is a ton of tread on that almost new tyre! (I love spelling it correctly - for you Yanks. LOL

And I can write what I like if you ain't gonna approve it - Ha Ha Nice shot.

Ilan (@ilanbr) said...

Nice processing touch here. Makes it look like a frame from some kind of commercial, almost :)
Good to have you back, hope this message won't be filtered - I'm not Chinese, I'm Israeli :)