Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 282 of 365


Day 282 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Wanted to experiment a little with a sheet of black glossy card stock paper I picked up today at the craft store. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by also working with a candle to practice with long exposure.

For comparison I also shot the lantern on a piece of clear acetate on top of the black paper.



Instead of a real candle I used a battery powered candle. A little more light without the smoke and heat.


1 comment:

Mark said...

I like the fact that it is centered... the candle should be a little bigger in the frame... it is overexposed - the refection is about the right exposure - the flame itself is a stop and a half too much .. the color is nice ...... just my cent and a half .....