Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rain can be fun


_MG_5595.jpg, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Well...if you can stay dry anyway. I wasn't so fortunate this evening while out looking for reflection goodness. Having lived most of my life in Washington state I was fully aware of the fact that that little break in the storm was going to be a short one. I pushed my luck and got caught out in the open when a sudden outburst of rain hit. Luckily I made it to a doorway before the camera got very wet. I had a trash bag in my camera bag so was able to keep my gear dry on the several block walk back to the car.

While sitting in the car drying off my camera I looked to my left out the window and liked how the raindrops on my side mirror lit up when cars drove by. I waited until the next car drove up and snapped this. I converted to black and white in post for effect.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This is awesome - looks like an explosion of glitter or sequins.