Sunday, May 2, 2010

Urban shapes


urban shapes, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've really been lagging on doing blog posts. I'm still going out to photograph at least once a week or more but have a slight backlog of photos to look through and to post to the blog.

Today I went out and decided to look at things a bit differently. I looked for shapes and reflections. I walked my normal route around downtown Monterey looking for things I have overlooked before on one of my many other ventures this same route. I've walked by the shot I posted several times and never looked up apparently. I don't know if it's a good subject or not but it gave me pause when I looked up to the top floor of a parking garage. What attracted me was the yellow box, which I assume is a parking meter box, against the blue sky. I also liked the repeated shape and relative size of the sign to the box. I couldn't do anything about the railing so worked with it the best I could to make it part of the shot.

1 comment:

Gwon said...

DIg it. I love little hidden treasures like this.