Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 258 of 365


Day 258 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Playing with lighting and texture again this evening. Was having some difficulty getting it to look how I was wanting it to so I've again done a little post work much like yesterdays. One thing that just dawned on me was I didn't see how the flower would look with a different white balance setting. I bet if I had changed it from fluorescent light to sunlight the red would have been more vibrant. I did this with the sweet potatoes the other day.

While I strive to try and do everything in camera sometimes I enjoy seeing what I can do with an image in Photoshop. I think this may be only the third or fourth time I've included an edited version of my photo of the day. If you're interested in seeing me do more examples of how I would do post on certain images that may need it please let me know.

Here's my edited version of todays photo.

2 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

The edited version looks like a human heart - in extremis!

Mark said...

PS is a great artistic tool ... I say use it ... this is, after all, art-not photo journalism .....

I like the mood of the edited version ....... and a WB tweak might have been in order...

I posted on this (the use of image editing) a week or so ago on my blog.....

http://throughtg.blogspot.com/2009/09/photo-manipulation.html