Sunday, April 3, 2011

Denver Photowalk


Denver Photowalk-1.jpg, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I just got back from attending a work related conference in Denver the other day. I enjoy exploring new places and the first day there I had the opportunity to explore part of the downtown area with the local photowalk group. This is where being active on Twitter came in handy. Jason (of Canonblogger.com) setup the photowalk on the day I arrived so we could meet and to also get some other locals involved in a walk.

As with my trip to Minneapolis last summer I found myself looking a lot at the architecture. I have quite a few shots of tall buildings and reflections but I think they are a bit different from my previous attempts. One thing is this year I had three different lenses with me and I went out each day I was there with only one of them each day and got different types of shots of similar things. My 70-300mm one day, my 50mm another and my Lensbaby Composer. The Lensbaby Composer was definitely my biggest challenge. I haven't had it long so I really experimented with it to see what I could and could not do with it. I have a better understanding of it now. I'll post some of those shots later this week.

No comments: