Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Experimental photography


clouds, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

What I would have called Abstract Photography not long ago I know call Experimental Photography. Why? Because while it may be abstract in nature I am truly experimenting with light, colors, reflections and the like all in camera.

That being said what I ended up with from my experimenting last night was something I ended up spending some time on in Photoshop. The base image was colored Christmas lights reflected on a piece of silver reflective paper and while the shutter was open I moved the camera to the side to create some motion.

Here is the base image for comparison of my final output above. When I opened this imagine in Photoshop and started playing with a few things I thought it started to look like clouds you may see in Asian scroll art so I went with that concept in mind.

2 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Textually I suppose the top one is superior, but gee I really like the colours in your base model, that is a keeper.

Jen said...

I agree - these are both great. I do like the graphic quality of the B/W one and could see this printed on fabric.