Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Geometric abstract


geometric abstract, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've decided that Wednesday nights are to be my photo related play night. A few weeks ago I posted some shots where I used fishing line to create some abstract motion shots so I thought I'd play a bit more with the fishing line.

For this shot I hung the line and tied a weight to the bottom so it was straight and let it swing in a circular pattern. It was over exposed but I liked how the light reflected off the black background and the line itself. With a little Photoshop work, mostly levels and curves, I thought I could turn it into something a bit different.

5 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great Sci Fi sheen to this Planet Destroyer Death Ray Ron. That would be interesting using some of the luminous coloured monofilment lines that are around these days. Or let us see one with a Marlin licking at the other end.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I meant Rob, Sorry!!!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks Ron :)

Oh...after doing a Google search I see there are several different colors for monofilament fishing line. Thanks for the idea :)

I'm not much for deep water fishing. I've been out on a boat once when I was a kid and spent most of the time with my head over the side. Me and motion don't mix apparently, which made it a bit difficult when I had to ride in helicopters in the Army.

Jen said...

This kicks ass.

PG said...

conjures memories of a foggy night at the Washington Monument.