Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling a bit blue?


blue daisy, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

For whatever reason I went away from photographing flowers. Well to be honest I know the reason but I'm not proud of it. I stopped taking photos of flowers because I didn't feel it was very manly of me. Guys are supposed to photograph cars and women right? I'm being a bit facetious but I did feel flowers were a bit beneath me. I mean...how hard can it be to photograph a flower?

This is just one of any number of roadblocks I have created for myself while on my photography journey. I'm slowly trying to break down these roadblocks so I can fully realize my potential.

In the meantime I'm going to take photos of flowers whenever I see some that are asking to be photographed.

3 comments:

Ms Mgt said...

Lovely blues!
I know the feeling, of avoiding flower shots -- even though I"m definitely not trying to be macho! :) I think it's because they are so beautiful anyway, that photographing them seems too easy... or something. Sometimes, I just can't help it, though!

Jen said...

Real Men Love Flowers. :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous - and I know what you mean, there is a little bit of a stigma about flower photos. But I think we should all photograph what speaks to us, and what we find beautiful.

Flowers are beautiful. And so I photograph them. I'm glad you do too.