Sunday, February 20, 2011

Piano and notes


piano, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I have a new lens...a Lensbaby Composer. Ordered it a couple of weeks ago and just got it last week. Saturday was the first chance I had to use it. I was on a student video shoot and there were two of us with DSLR cameras for taking on set stills. Since the other guy was taking regular photos I decided to go creative and use the Lensbaby.

I put up four photos and put them in a set on my Flickr if you're interested in seeing the others.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robweiher/sets/72157625969777323/

I need to put more time into practicing with it but what I like so far about it is the sense of motion you can get because of the focal blur. The shots of the kids were them in motion and with a regular lens I would have needed to slow down the shutter speed and use a tripod to get that sense of motion. Not so with this lens...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oooooh. Schizophrenia! ;)