Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 2010 Goals


basket b&w, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've had a few days to recuperate from my 365 project and come up with new ideas. My 2010 goal is to do a weekly project instead of daily. I will post my best/favorite photo of the week most likely on Sunday and this time I will include some post processing to my work flow. This may mean I change it to black and white or something more creative. This year is about being even more creative, not just behind the camera but as a final output. I'm also trying a new background color for the blog. Black & white photos kind of disappear with a black background.

My other goals for the year are too see about getting some of my work presented somewhere. Even if it's just the local coffee shop wall...I would really like to see it on a wall. This of course means that another goal is to create a portfolio and have printed work available for viewing. My biggest goal is to open up a Zenfolio account and start putting my work out there for purchase. Once I have this setup I'll see about having some MOO cards created.

I also intend on writing up a little more about my 365 project. I'm interested in seeing how many photos I took the entire year with monthly breakdowns and such. Well I'm interested...not sure if you are but I'll put it up in case a few of you are. I also have selected my favorite 15 photos and will post them and why I selected them over the other 350 I took.

Have a great 2010 everyone.

2 comments:

MaggieGem said...

It would be great to read more about your 365 experience! It's insspiring to see how others have done it, I just mine for 2010 and hope I have the fortitude to stick with it this time!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Best of British Luck, as the saying goes mate! I will remain an interested spectator if i may and chip in my 2 cents worth if I see a reason to!