Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 21 of 365

There are a bunch of World War II era barracks still standing just off campus but most are fenced in awaiting demolition. There are a few not far from my office and I've wanted to incorporate them into a photo ever since starting the project. It was rainy most of the afternoon but had stopped by the time I got off work. Because of the clouds and the sun going down I didn't have much light so went with this old stairwell. Because of the light issue I had to up my ISO to 400 and even at f/3.5 my best shutter speed was in the teens. I used a trick I read on one of the photo blogs where you take a bunch of shots in succession in hopes that one will come out. Took 4 shots at 1/13 second and got one without any blur...nice little trick.

ISO 400, 18mm, f/3.5, 1/13 second

Nothing special about the photo but I was in a bit of a hurry. I may go back on a better day and explore a little more as I think I can find some use out of these old buildings. Who knows...my boots may thread on the same stairs that my dad did years ago when he went through basic training here.

No comments: